Vision 2020: Student Enterprise
At Westwood School, students who dream big gain the skills and confidence to transform their ideas into action. Through our Student Enterprise Program, young entrepreneurs draw from concepts across all academic subjects to brainstorm, develop, champion and transform business plans into real, student-powered businesses. Traditional academic topics are complemented by hands-on, technology-rich learning experiences in economics, marketing and business planning.
We cultivate top scholars through proven teaching methods used to spark each student’s natural interest in learning — laying a strong foundation for high school and beyond. Our formula helps students learn to think critically, work collaboratively and act boldly — preparing them for leadership when their opportunities arise.
The Student Enterprise Program at Westwood School
Westwood School’s Student Enterprise Program is open to students in grades 5 and 6. Program benefits include:
- Rigorous entrepreneurial programming designed by the University of Cincinnati
- Access to local businesses and business leaders to learn about entrepreneurship first hand
- Research, creation and execution of business plans that lead to student-run businesses at Westwood School
- Partnerships with area businesses in the Westwood Community
As students work through the business start-up process, they gain resume-building skills applicable to a variety of careers. Just as important, they feel invested and empowered in their education and their futures. The experience of a Westwood School education will serve students for a lifetime, no matter what career path they pursue.
The Future Is Waiting. But We’re Not.
Student growth and business development are the foundational elements of the Student Enterprise focus at Westwood School. Partnerships with local and regional businesses allow students to gain valuable mentors who help them apply what they learn in the real world. In addition, the community and its diverse stakeholders have ongoing opportunities to help celebrate the growth and support the businesses of our Westwood students.
The Westwood School Advantage
- Small class sizes and individualized attention
- Highly qualified, caring teachers with advanced degrees
- Daily blocks of 90 minutes of reading and math instruction
- All-day preschool and kindergarten classes
- Free breakfast program that delivers a healthy meal while reinforcing reading skills
- Free after-school program until 5:30 p.m. that includes a snack and a hot dinner
- Free summer program that prepares future kindergarteners for success and extends the school year by one month for older students
- Free tutoring provided by teachers and community partners both during and after school
- Regular art, music, science enrichment and physical education classes for all students
- Technology-rich environment allowing students 1:1 access to technology
- A uniform policy for all students
- Quarterly field trips that extend students’ exposure to science, arts and cultural programming
- School wellness programs that promote healthy eating, ample exercise and strong character
- A full-time Resource Coordinator who secures partners that provide a wealth of mental, cognitive and character supports to help students succeed
To enroll your child in Westwood School, call (513) 363-5900.